In addition to the Bible, of course, what one book would you recommend as a gift for an adult woman who is not saved and does not even believe in God? A friend said she had a heavy burden for her unsaved mother-in-law and asked me to recommend a book. “The Case For Christ” by Lee Strobel came to mind. What would you recommend?
It’s quite amazing that you suggested “The Case for Christ”. Even before I reached that part of your question, I was already thinking that book AND looking directly at it on my bookshelf.
If that’s not a confirmation, I don’t know what is!
Since we’re on books, let me give you a few of my favorites that I consider MUST reads for every Christian:
- Foxe’s Book of Martyr’s (modern English version)
- More Than Meets the Eye – (Richard Swenson)
- Disciplines of a Godly Man – (Kent Hughes)
- Changed Into His Image – (Jim Berg)
- Hard to Believe – (John MacArthur)
- Pilgrims Progress – (modern English version; John Bunyan)
- The Purity Principle – (Randy Alcorn)
- The Treasure Principle – (Randy Alcorn)
- Overload Syndrome – (Richard Swenson)
- Everyman’s Battle – (Stephen Arterburn; MEN)
- The Case for Creation – (Lee Stroebel)
- Learn the Bible in 24 Hours – (Chuck Missler)
- The Word-Filled Family – (John Barnett)
That’s off the top of my head. I’m sure I’ll think of 20 more as soon as I post this!
The Case for Christ is an EXCELLENT book! You were right on!