I’m amazed the lengths that humans go NOT to call sin:sin, bad:bad or character-flaws:character-flaws.
Why is it not more suspicious to more people that we have an industry who gets to 1) define sickness, disorders and syndromes; 2) define very subjective and unprovable cures/solutions/therapy that routinely change 3) declare if a person is “cured” or not (predictably, many if not most of these “illnesses” are life long “addictions” or “disorders” that make you depend on that same industry) and 4) profit handsomely off the entire process including the insane and out-of-control application of unproven, untestable and dangerous drugs.
This Is No Joke
Some of the “illnesses” I’ve read about and these are not jokes (well, they ARE jokes but not because I’m pulling a joke):
- Episodic Rage Disorder – formerly known as not controlling your temper even to the point of violent behavior
- Oppositional Defiance Disorder, Conduct Disorder or Disruptive Behavior Disorder – formerly known as rebelliousness and disobedience
- Sibling Relational Disorder – formerly known as bickering, fussing and fighting
- Antisocial Personality Disorder – formerly known as being a jerk
- Temper Dysregulation Disorder with Dysphoria – formerly known as a bratty, tempter-tantrum throwing kid who needed a trip to the woodshed
- Intermittent Explosive Disorder – formerly know as someone suffering from Episodic Rage Disorder
- While I don’t recall the name, there is a disorder for people like me who DENY that this ridiculous psychobabble is anything more than… ridiculous psychobabble. I have a disorder for not believing this garbage. How convenient to be able to label those who disagree with a mental health illness!
And don’t get me started on ADHD. Yes, there are kids with extreme hyperactivity. Yes, I know plenty of adults who say they have benefited from being diagnosed with ADD and taking meds (but YOU get to make that determination; a kid does not). Having said that, do we really think 6 million kids or whatever ridiculous number now diagnosed are all truly out of the ordinary and not simply undisciplined, under-parented, un-teachered (remember the paddle? Cured a lot of ADD in school didn’t it?) and electronically over-stimulated? That will get me plenty of lovely emails…
I believe there are three primary reasons for this medical-mania:
- It gives people who are weak, impulsive, failing and sinful (all of us) an excuse for our behavior; instead of taking responsibility, we now have an authoritative excuse;
- It is very profitable, creating an entire industry of so-called experts who are empowered to authoritatively declare the mental health of others and display God-like powers to analyze “why” people do what they do though that question has been answered since Adam… which leads us to:
- It allows humans to avoid the issue of sin and accountability to God. I don’t have to think about violating the holiness of a Creator when I’ve accepted the deception that my evil behavior, lack of self-discipline and indulgence in flesh-driven desire has a medical cause that is excused by everyone except religious nutcases like Brent Riggs.
Get Your Own Disease
Want to create your own disease and get filthy rich, beyond any questioning of your authority and expertise? Dream up a new disease such as Chronic Activity-Challenged Lethargic Dietetic Impulsive Indulgence Disorder (formerly known as over-eating slob) or CACLDIID. Here are the steps:
- Patent a dangerous chemical as a “treatment” for CACLDIID.
- Invent fictitious trial results that prove the drug is effective in treating CACLDIID.
- Bribe FDA officials into approving the drug as safe for everyone! (Even if it kills people.)
- Submit to the American Psychiatric Association for inclusion in their DSM-IV (the standard reference guide of psychiatric disorders).
- Create an emotional TV ad that shows unhappy, confused people being transformed into perfect beings after they take your drug.
- Issue press releases to mainstream media outlets who will run your propaganda as news with zero skepticism.
- Bribe doctors with vacations, extravagant meals and “consulting fees” in order to get them to prescribe your drug to as many patients as possible.
- Buy off politicians and legislators to block alternative medicine and enforce a pharmaceutical monopoly.
- Sit back and rake in the dough** while Americans go broke buying your drug to treat CACLDIID!
- When the lawsuits roll in from the families of dead patients, simply use a small portion of your windfall profits to settle out of court, admitting no guilt.
Now, the first thing I’ll hear is how I lack compassion and judge people who are just sick. I’m making fun of them or being mean-spirited. I’m harsh and uncaring, not sensitive to the myriads of problems that plague human behavior. Au contraire… that opinion shows a total lack of the real issues at stake. “Compassionate” humanists want to make excuses for sinful behavior, medicate it and give a false relief of guilt.
I have the ultimate motive of compassion. I care about the eternal soul of each person, an eternal soul who must answer to their Creator for their sinful behavior. Instead of making excuses, we need to be honest that we rebel, disobey, lose our temper, cheat, fornicate, fight and quarrel because of our sinful nature… a nature that can only be “cured” by the same Creator we seek to avoid when labeling sin a “disorder”.
In one sense, bad behavior IS a disorder; but it’s a spiritual disorder, not medical (which explains why psychotropic behavior modifying drugs are dangerous, unproven, subjective and hard to argue against; you can’t “disprove” what you can’t “prove”).
If you have been deceived by this nonsense, or simply embrace it because it’s easier than dealing with the fact that you have a sinful, failure-prone heart predisposed to evil… you should really do some soul searching and decide if the eternal question of answering to God is more important than the temporary ability to make excuses.
If you don’t stop and think this over, I proclaim a new disorder: Behavioral Ludicracy Illness & Natural Disposition to Need Excuses for Spiritual Stupidity… or BLINDNESS for short.