Preached at Straightway Bible Church on November 3, 2013. There are lots of myths and silliness believed about Heaven which causes many Christians not to think about or long for heaven very much.
What The Bible Says About Heaven – Part 2
Brent Riggs – www.seriousfaith.com
- You can begin to imagine what that New Heaven and New Earth will be like based on God’s original sinless, curse-free, eternal and perfect creation…
- It will be a New Earth and a New Heaven; we will have new, perfect, sinless, resurrected, healthy, incorruptible, glorified bodies.
- We will look forward to each day of life with meaningful, satisfying work and purpose.
- Each and every person will be our brother and sister and be a part of our family
- Heaven is being prepared by Christ himself. John 14:3; It is only for those who have been born again. John 3:3; It is described as a glorious city, likened to pure gold and clear glass. Rev. 21:11, 18
- An angel stands guard at each gate. Rev. 21:12; The gates will never be shut. Rev. 21:25; The palaces may possibly be ivory. Ps. 45:8; The River of Life is there, to insure everlasting life. Rev. 22:1
- The Tree of Life is there to insure abundant life. Rev. 2:7; 22:19; It will bear its fruit each month. Rev. 22:2; The throne of God will occupy the central palace. Rev. 4:2; 22:1; Beside the throne are four special angels who worship God continually. Rev. 4:8; The main street of the city is composed of transparent gold. Rev. 21:21
- It is a place of holiness. Rev. 21:27; It is a place of beauty. Ps. 50:2; It is a place of unity. Eph. 1:10; It is a place of perfection. 1 Cor. 13:10; It is a place of joy. Ps. 16:11; It is a place for all eternity. John 3:15; Ps. 23:6
- No tears. Rev. 7:17; 21:4; No sickness. Rev. 22:2
- No pain. Rev. 21:4; No death. Isa. 25:8; 1 Cor. 15:26; Rev. 21:4; There will be no more thirst or hunger. Rev. 7:16; There will be no more sin. Rev. 21:27; There will be no more judgment upon sin. Rev. 22:3;
- The Father will be there. Dan. 7:9; Rev. 4:2–3; The Son will be there. Rev. 5:6; 7:17; The Holy Spirit will be there. Rev. 14:13; 22:17
- Only those who have accepted salvation on God’s terms will be there: John 3:3, Romans 4:9
- God, Jesus and Holy Spirit will be in heaven with us: Daniel 7:9; Revelation 7:17; Revelation 22:17
- It will be a place of perfection, unimaginable beauty and untainted holiness: 1 Cor 13:10; Psalm 50:2; Revelation 21:27
- There will be everlasting joy and unity: Psalm 16:11; Ephesians 1:10
- There will be no tears, no pain, no sorrow, no death, no sickness, no hunger or thirst, no tears: Revelation 7:17; Revelation 21:4; 1 Corinthians 15:26; Revelation 22:2; Revelation 7:15-16
- In heaven, there will be no sin, no condemnation, no judgment: Rev 21:26-27; Revelation 22:3
- The River of Life will come out of God’s throne, run through heaven, watering the Tree of Life and all fruit bearing trees that produce new fruit each month: Rev 22:1, 2; 4:2, 4, 6, 8; 5:8, 4:5, 11:19
- Heaven is permanent, eternal, forever, never-ending, endless, ageless, unceasing and every other word you can think of that means E-T-E-R-N-I-T-Y: John 3:15; Psalm 23:5-6; Psalm 89:29; 2 Corinthians 5:1; Matthew 19:29; Matthew 25:46; Titus 1:2