Acts 4:12 – Nor is there salvation in any other, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved.” (NKJV; emphasis mine)
For those of you who have read my stuff for very long, you will know that it is only on a rare occasion I address specific people by name. It has come to a point where it is time for Christians to start addressing the religion of Oprah Winfrey by name.
Far from simply being a television celebrity who does interviews of other celebrities, or even a feel-good promoter of moralism (being good is the road to salvation), Oprah now openly engages in evangelizing people into her ear tickling, wishy-washy new age mumbo-jumbo. She is using her substantial fame and fortune to mislead millions of people down a road that leads only to eternal condemnation. Unfortunately many of her followers are nominal and Biblically ignorant Christians, and don’t get mad at me, the majority of those are women.
That is not a slight against women at all, it just happens to be the fact concerning this specific issue of Oprah. So my appeal is to all Christians. It is to Godly men who should understand the dangers involved in this insidious new age garbage that Oprah is preaching. Men should be leading, teaching their families and protecting them from this wolf in sheep’s clothing. My appeal is to the millions of women who hang on every word, and devour every book and piece of information that Oprah Winfrey promotes. And for those millions of women who CASUALLY watch her and are influenced by her “niceness”.
The first thing I would like you to do, is watch this short video:
The Church of Oprah Winfrey exposed
Consider the following as we contrast what “Oprah feels” versus what “God says”.
- Oprah feels: there are millions of ways the following God and we all reach the same destination.
- God says: (Acts 4:12) – Nor is there salvation in any other, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved.” (NKJV; emphasis mine)
- Oprah feels: there cannot possibly be just one way to God.
- God says: (Ephesians 2:8) – For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, (NKJV; emphasis mine)
- Oprah feels: she can reconcile her “Christianity” with her new religious ideas because she has discovered how “big” God is
- God says: (2 Samuel 7:22) – Therefore You are great, O Lord God. For there is none like You, nor is there any God besides You, according to all that we have heard with our ears. (NKJV; emphasis mine)
- Oprah feels: something is wrong with biblical Christianity because God cannot possibly be a jealous God
- God says: (Exodus 20:5) – you shall not bow down to them nor serve them. For I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children to the third and fourth generations of those who hate Me, (NKJV; emphasis mine) (others: Ex. 20:5; 34:13, 14; Num. 25:11; Deut. 29:20; 32:16, 21; 1 Kin. 14:22; Psa. 78:58; 79:5; Isa. 30:1, 2; 31:1, 3; Ezek. 16:42; 23:25; 36:5, 6; 38:19; Zeph. 1:18; 3:8; Zech. 1:14; 8:2; 1 Cor. 10:22)
- Oprah feels: God is a “feeling experience” and not a “believing experience”
- God says: (Acts 16:31) – So they said, “Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved, you and your household.” (NKJV; emphasis mine)
- Oprah feels: if God for you is still about a belief, then that is not truly God
- God says: (Romans 1:16) – For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek. (NKJV; emphasis mine)
This is just a little taste of what she is now teaching but it has plenty for any Christian to now understand that Oprah Winfrey has gone from being a talk show host to a promoter of new age religion.
Who are you going to trust with your to eternal destination? The feelings of Oprah Winfrey? Or the divinely inspired and supernaturally delivered Word From the Living God of the Universe?
“Oh, but Brent, that is just your opinion. You have your beliefs and you should let other people have theirs”. No, that is incorrect. I base my beliefs on irrefutable evidence that God exists, and that the Bible is His divinely inspired Word. All other religions place their trust in their “feelings” and personal pride, not definitive evidence. There is a huge difference.
Christianity is about what God has DONE for us. All other religions, including Oprah’s, are about what people can DO for themselves. Christianity is about one single sef-existent God of the universe. All other religions make man their own god because man has to do something to achieve salvation (and with most religions, including Oprah’s, man IS ‘god’, or will become ‘god’).
We live in a dangerous time where there is a lot of social pressure to DENY that there is only one single way to salvation and to be reconciled to the only true God. Think back to Noah. When Noah was building the ark, there were probably about 6 to 8 billion people on the planet (yes, 6 to 8 billion; most people have never really thought about that). Yet only Noah and his family believed the truth about God. The entire rest of the world laughed at them and told them how wrong they were. Even if there were only a few million people, or even a few hundred thousand people, it is still tremendous odds to go against the rest of the world and stand alone for truth.
Today we have a lot of opposition to the truth about salvation, yet we experience nothing close to what Noah had to deal with. Even still, we find millions of people, who know the truth about God, being deceived by the shallow false religious ideas of people like Oprah, and millions more afraid to take a stand for the Truth (even though they know it is the Truth).
Oprah Winfrey has now put herself into the public arena of religion and has set herself up as an evangelist of the New Age. Therefore, it is time for Christians to stand against her, to quit supporting her in every way including watching her shows and reading her books, and to sternly warn and teach all other Christians about the false religion she now promotes. Oprah mesmerizes millions of adoring fans every week with lies straight from the pit of hell.
Time to take a stand.