Psalm 35:10 All my bones shall say, “LORD, who is like You…?” (NKJV)
Yesterday we talked about Eternity and that God had no beginning. Now that you’ve got that all settled 🙂 let’s take a look at some more wondrous things about God. Have you ever considered:
- God knew in eternity PAST exactly what would happen for all of eternity future. He knew what man would do. He knew what He would have to do to save us, yet still did it!
- Jesus knew for all eternity what would be required of Him. Yet He willingly chose to be incarnated as a man.
- He knew in the womb that He was God, but was still a normal baby.
- He knew as small child what His destiny was, yet still lived like a normal child.
- He knew His entire life what fate awaited Him. Yet He grew up like any other kid in Israel.
- He was God, the King of the Universe, and yet allowed prideful wicked men to treat Him as if He was the lowest of dogs… and had known for an eternity the events would occur.
- Run this one through the old cerebral meat grinder:
- God created the universe.
- God created the earth.
- God created man.
- Man rebelled against God and God knew it would happen.
- God came to earth as a man.
- God was killed by man.
- God was forsaken by Himself.
- God was resurrected from the “dead”.
- Man gets the reward of eternal life and the only part he did was sin!
- Go figure.
This is not a systematic statement of doctrine, so don’t read it that way. It would take volumes to comprehensively cover all the statements in this devotion. It’s meant to cause us to think about the fact that God does everything, then rewards us! Amazing!
- Think of what God does for us…
- We rebel and sin, so God provided salvation for us.
- We do our own thing, so God draws us to Himself.
- We are incapable of righteousness, so God gives the faith needed to respond to Him.
- We are wicked and sinful, so God grants holiness and the Spirit to guide us.
- Then God gives us eternal life as if we did something to deserve it!
Our God is amazing! Everything He requires of us, He provides; then rewards us as if we did it ourselves. It’s mind boggling. And humbling.
Amazing God, who is like You?
Contemplation: Have you ever thought about the fact that God does everything for us, and yet we are the recipients of His love and blessings?
Application: Take time to contemplate the truth about God. Search out the amazing wonder of His love.
- What is the most obvious Bible truth you have learned today?
- What change in your life needs to be made concerning this truth?
- What specific thing will you do today to begin that change?