Godly Constraints to Evil
Rom 13:1 Let every person be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those that exist have been instituted by God.
The law is to convict sinners, to drive them to a Savior.
The law is to act in society as a restraint.
The law is as the path of obedience, clear boundaries for good and righteous behavior.
All humanity is under the law of God.
- The divine law of God is written on every human hear
- This reflects God’s holy standard and for those with a conscience are self-evident
God ordained that the living sacrificial church would be synergistic with a God-fearing, righteous Government… to the benefit of the culture and society.
Romans 2:15 (NKJV) 15 who show the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and between themselves their thoughts accusing or else excusing them)
- From the very start, God declared that sinful man would have the divine knowledge of good and evil written on their hearts:
Romans 1:20 (NKJV) 20 For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse.
This separates us from animals (as a side note, this also proves the Bible about origins; evolution has no answer for where “conscience” came from):
Ethical sense and moral consciousness are part of being human, the law in the heart.
God created the family unit to constrain evil and pass down righteousness.
- Family is the building block of society.
- God has established the family to be a loving, truthful, exemplary place that restrains evil in the next generation.
Children don’t naturally constrain their sin, fear God and honor their parents.
- Proverbs 19:18. “Discipline your son while there is hope and do not desire his death.” Undisciplined children die young.
You Reap What You Sow
Through modern psychology, self-esteem and prosperity we have raised generations now who are then indoctrinated that:
- there is no God (evolution),
- all the past institutions are to be rebelled against,
- America is not only not great; it is a racist greedy nation deserving only destruction.
- family is whatever you want it to be.
- marriage is antiquated and redefined to “anyone who loves someone(s)”
- and laws are optional based on whether you agree with them or not.
And we are somehow shocked at what we see today?
Next time we will talk about how the Church is the ultimate restraint of sin…
To be continued…