In the Beginnining
The Creation of the World
Genesis 1:1 In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth.
Genesis: Origins, Beginnings
In the Beginning (time),
the Heavens (space)
and the Earth (matter).
A loving, eternal, all powerful, personal God
created us in His image for a purpose
Nothing X Nobody = EVERYTHING
It’s utterly unscientific and illogical to say that anything in our realm of physics has no cause. That is one of the most basic, irrefutable truths of our existence.
- However, no matter how far back you go (what caused that? Well, what caused that?) you have eventually accept that the FIRST CAUSE was UNCAUSED
- The very fact that any “cause and effect” exists, means it had to start somewhere (unless you just blindly and illogically say “matter and cause is eternal” making MATTER the UNCAUSED CAUSE, ie. “god”)
THE FIRST UNCAUSED CAUSE would seem then to have these obvious attributes based on our very existence:
- spaceless because it created space
- timeless because it created time
- immaterial because it created matter
- powerful because it created out of nothing
- intelligent because the creation event and the universe was precisely designed
- personal because it made a choice to convert a state of nothing into something (impersonal forces don’t make choices).
Sounds amazingly like the God of the Bible!
The God of the Bible Fits Our Understanding of Reality
- In the Beginning (time), God (force), created (action) the Heavens (space) and the Earth (matter)
- Genesis 1:1 refutes many of the false ideologies:
- Atheism (God doesn’t exist): God exists
- Polytheism (there are many God): God is One
- Pantheism (everything is God): God is separate from Creation
- Materialism (matter is eternal): matter had a beginning
- Dualism (God vs. Satan or anything else): only God existed at the time of creation
- Humanism (man is the highest): God created man
“Where the Bible makes plain sense,
seek no other sense,
lest you turn it into nonsense”.
The ESV® Bible (The Holy Bible, English Standard Version®) is adapted from the Revised Standard Version of the Bible, copyright Division of Christian Education of the National Council of the Churches of Christ in the U.S.A. All rights reserved. https://www.crossway.org/