- Revelation Graphic – Overview of Major Sections
- Throne Room of God
- Tribulation – Seals, Trumpets Bowls
- The Tribulation
Matthew 24:1 (ESV) Jesus left the temple and was going away, when his disciples came to point out to him the buildings of the temple. But he answered them, “You see all these, do you not? Truly, I say to you, there will not be left here one stone upon another that will not be thrown down.” As he sat on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to him privately, saying, “Tell us, when will these things be, and what will be the sign of your coming and of the end of the age?”
The Time of the Tribulation
The Purposes of the Tribulation
- For Israel: Jer. 30:7 it is a time to discipline Israel, prepare her for restoration and regathering Matt. 23:37-39; Ezek. 20:33-38; Zech. 12:10; Jer. 30:1-17)
- For the Nations: divine judgment -Zech. 1:15-21; 12:3f; 14:3; Joel 3:2; Jer. 30:8, 11, 16
- In Relation to Satan: Matt. 25:41; Rev. 12:7-12; 20:1-3; Isa. 14:12-17; Ezek. 28:12-19
- In General: open judgment- Zeph. 1:15- 18; Joel 3:12-14; Rev. 6:16-17).
In Relation to God: demonstrate that God is holy, righteous, just, and still on the throne. That He has not ignored man’s rebellion or sin 2 Pet. 3:4-9
“Where the Bible makes plain sense,
seek no other sense,
lest you turn it into nonsense”.
The ESV® Bible (The Holy Bible, English Standard Version®) is adapted from the Revised Standard Version of the Bible, copyright Division of Christian Education of the National Council of the Churches of Christ in the U.S.A. All rights reserved. https://www.crossway.org/