Good morning true Christians! Some thoughts to help us face changing reality. Remember, we are CHRIST FOLLOWERS. We do not react the same way the world does who puts its faith in politics, possessions and power:
- Romans 13:1 Every person is to be in subjection to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those which exist are established by God.
God determines who runs a country for His reasons whether it be for blessing or judgment.
- 1Thess 4:11 Make it your goal to live a quiet life, minding your own business and working with your hands, just as we instructed you before.
- Phil 2:14 Do all things without complaining or arguments.
We go on about our lives working hard, saving souls and serving others. When we grumble and complain, we grumble and complain against God who is completely in control.
- John 4:35 Look, I tell you, lift up your eyes, and see that the fields are white for harvest.
As the world continues on its default course AWAY from God, more and more lost souls will being looking for answers and hope.
- 2 Corinthians 4:16-18 Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. 17 For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. 18 So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.
We should never lose heart or be downcast because everything God allows is in preparation for what He has in store for us eternally. Everything is exactly the way God has allowed it to be or He would change it.
- Philippians 4:4-8 Rejoice in the Lord always: and again I say, Rejoice.
The Apostle Pauls command is not conditioned on circumstances. We rejoice ALWAYS because 1) God is in control, 2) we are right when/where/how He wants us in His plan, and 3) God wins (and we win with Him).
- Luke 21:28 …look up and lift up your heads, because your redemption draws near.
Jesus will return soon to take us to be with Him. If you believe that, live like it, and talk like it.