Grow in Grace
- 2 Peter 3:18 (ESV) 18 But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To him be the glory both now and to the day of eternity. Amen.
Here’s how I plan to grow in grace and knowledge of our Lord:
Love God’s Word More
- Psalm 119:47–48 (ESV) 47 for I find my delight in your commandments, which I love. 48 I will lift up my hands toward your commandments, which I love, and I will meditate on your statutes.
I plan to love God’s Word more by:
Spend More Time in Prayer
How much we pray shows how much we depend on God. The opposite is also true.
- Philippians 4:6 (ESV) 6 do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.
Memorize God’s Word
- Psalm 119:11 (ESV) 11 I have stored up your word in my heart, that I might not sin against you.
Here’s how I will memorize more Scripture this year:
Put on the Armor of God
We are in a spiritual war. Do you even know what the armor of God is so you mentally dress for battle every day?
- Ephesians 6:11 (ESV) 11 Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the schemes of the devil.
My plan to learn the armor of God is:
Love My Fellow Christians More and More
The Bible says the world knows us by our love for one another.
- John 13:34 (ESV) 34 A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.
This year I will show my love for my fellow Christians even more by:
Share the Gospel with Courage and Frequency
- Romans 1:16 (ESV) 16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek.
Last year in 2020, I shared the Gospel this many times: ____________
The honest reason I did not share it more is: ____________________________________________________
I commit to courageously sharing the Gospel this year every time God gives me the opportunity, and I pray God will give me an opportunity at least once a week: Yes ______
Hate Sin More and Love the World Less
- Psalm 97:10 (ESV) 10 O you who love the LORD, hate evil! He preserves the lives of his saints; he delivers them from the hand of the wicked.
- 1 John 2:15 (ESV) 15 Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him.
I will hate sin more and love the world less this year by doing this:
Control Your Tongue
- James 3:6 (ESV) 6 And the tongue is a fire, a world of unrighteousness. The tongue is set among our members, staining the whole body, setting on fire the entire course of life, and set on fire by hell.
To help me control my tongue this year, I will:
Be More Obedient
Obedience is the single most cited evidence of genuine salvation.
- John 14:15 (ESV) 15 “If you love me, you will keep my commandments.
- Luke 6:46 (ESV) 46 “Why do you call me ‘Lord, Lord,’ and not do what I tell you?
- 1 John 3:24 (ESV) 24 Whoever keeps his commandments abides in God, and God in him. And by this we know that he abides in us, by the Spirit whom he has given us.
- James 1:22–25 (ESV) 22 But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves. 23 For if anyone is a hearer of the word and not a doer, he is like a man who looks intently at his natural face in a mirror. 24 For he looks at himself and goes away and at once forgets what he was like. 25 But the one who looks into the perfect law, the law of liberty, and perseveres, being no hearer who forgets but a doer who acts, he will be blessed in his doing.
I commit this year that every time I hear “the Word” I will ask God how I can be obedient to it… a hearer and a doer. Yes _______