The 6th Day – Animals
Genesis 1:24–25 (ESV) 24 And God said, “Let the earth bring forth living creatures according to their kinds—livestock and creeping things and beasts of the earth according to their kinds.” And it was so. 25 And God made the beasts of the earth according to their kinds and the livestock according to their kinds, and everything that creeps on the ground according to its kind. And God saw that it was good.
After the creation of air and water creatures on the fifth day, only one day of divine work remained.
It is noteworthy that the record says that God “made” (Hebrew asah) these land animals; whereas He was said to have “created” (bara) the air and sea animals.
The land animals made during the early part of the sixth day are categorized as “cattle, creeping things, and beasts of the earth.” This description is evidently intended to be comprehensive,
- “cattle” refers to domesticable animals,
- “beasts of the earth” refers to large wild animals, and
- “creeping things” refers to all animals that crawl or creep close to the surface of the ground.
All three categories of land animals were made simultaneously, as is evident from the inverted order of listing in verses 24 and 25.
- Once again, it is obvious that there is not the slightest correlation with the imaginary evolutionary order (that is, insects, then amphibians, then reptiles, then all mammals).
- As a matter of fact, evolution places insects, amphibians, and land reptiles all before the birds that Genesis says were made the day before.
GENESIS FORCES YOU TO BELIEVE OR NOT BELIEVE THE BIBLE! Evolutionary theory and Biblical creationism is INCOMPATIBLE… choose a side.
When we look at the infinite variety of the animal kingdom (both living and extinct), we must be impressed with God’s creative power, as well as His sense of humor (pics later!).
There was no evolutionary struggle for existence among these animals either, for “God saw that it was good.”
- Neither could one kind evolve into a different kind, because God made each category “after his kind.”
- We see adaptation among kinds all the time… but we NEVER seen a “kind” turn into another “kind” not in the fossil record, not today, not in scientific efforts to do such
The Completed Creation
The world was now fully prepared for its human inhabitants, who would be given dominion over it.
The second chapter of Genesis describes in fuller detail the rest of the events of the sixth day, events which are only briefly outlined here in the first chapter.
Now let’s have some fun… check out some of God’s animal artistry here
Genesis: Origins, Beginnings
In the Beginning (time), God (force), created (action),
the Heavens (space), and the Earth (matter).
A loving, eternal, all powerful, personal God
created us in His image for a purpose
Nothing X Nobody = EVERYTHING
The plain meaning of Genesis is unmistakable.
- Let the Bible determine your system of belief…
- Or bring your system of belief to the Bible and make the Bible fit it.
“The only proper way to interpret Genesis 1 is not to ‘interpret’ it at all. That is, we accept the fact that it was meant to say exactly what it says.” (Morris)
“Where the Bible makes plain sense,
seek no other sense,
lest you turn it into nonsense”.
The ESV® Bible (The Holy Bible, English Standard Version®) is adapted from the Revised Standard Version of the Bible, copyright Division of Christian Education of the National Council of the Churches of Christ in the U.S.A. All rights reserved. https://www.crossway.org/